Is It Time to Redesign Your Website?
Before you answer the above question, have a look at the below set of questions:
- Has the speed and performance of your website deteriorated over time?
- Does your website look as good on a smartphone as it does on a laptop/desktop?
- Is the design and content of your website outdated?
- Is your website able to serve the current purpose of your business?
- Are you able to integrate your website with the latest third-party tools?
- Is your website scalable enough to adjust to the changing demands and number of customers?
Answer to the above questions honestly and carefully, and if most of the answers are yes, then it is definitely time for you to redesign your website. You must give serious thought to your website re-design as it is the most important interface between your brand and your customers. Website redesign requires developing a website redesign strategy that ensures the above questions are all answered and the resultant product serves the business objective optimally.
How to Create a Website Redesign Strategy?
The first important question you need to ask yourself is “What is it that my customers expect from my website?”
Every business with a website needs the website to serve a specific purpose. Your website elements should dazzle and impress your customers and at the same time should be able to answer their needs and problems.
- Categorize your Audience: Identify the various kind of people who visit your website. You can split the audience based on their age, location, and interests. Ensure that your biggest chunk of the audience is getting what they want with minimal navigation.
- Keep it Fresh: If your website offers news or updates about some topics, ensure that the information is continually updated. In order to do that, your website should be launched on an easy-to-update platform such as WordPress. If your website focuses on any single product or service, then keep it as the center of attention.
- Call to Action: Give your visitors some way to reach you and order the products and services they like. Either call, skype, e-mail or any other medium. Prompting the users to take an action is the best way to keep users engaged and entertained.
- Fun Elements: Embedded videos and unnecessary animation may give your website a nice look but at the same time, it makes the site slow to upload. Add fun elements in quirky ways to entertain your visitors without spoiling the user experience.
Where to Start?
Talk to your business decision makers to identify and ascertain that website redesign is a requirement to boost the business and increase ROI.
Engage graphic designers and content writers to research and develop the fresh design and content for the new look of the site. Website redesign doesn’t have to be a complete makeover, tweaking the existing website to ensure smooth performance and rich user experience is enough.
Once the design and content are ready, get your website developer to implement the changes.
The entire website redesign operation should have your designer, researcher and writer, and developer onboard from the very beginning so that there is no lack of communication and the task gets accomplished with zero to minimal disruption.